Duties & Responsibilities:
· AS CNC programmer you will be required to deliver efficient CNC machining programs using Edgecam 3Dsoftware and Operate Hurco VMX42i CNC milling machine with no mistakes
· Have experience programming CNC machines using 3D models and 2D drawings.
· You will be responsible for identifying and developing the best solutions to cutting to achieve the best machining quality and efficiency and recognise which cutting tools are required for each project.
· Support engineering and project team with the manufacture of mould tooling, jigs, fixtures and assembly stations
· Liaise with engineering manager, engineering admin, NPI and the toolroom engineers to establish daily priorities.
· Manage and implement CNC apprentice training and create an in-depth training program.
· Take control and manage all the machine shop 5S through implementation of cleaning rota and enforcing house rules.
· Keep inventory of material, equipment, cutting tools and monitor stock levels
· Create and complete necessary documentation for the engineering department as required.
· Communicate progress, findings & handover details to the relevant departments.
· Support operations initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, house keeping and quality standards are achieved and maintained.
· Keep a focus on safety by helping others to conduct themselves appropriately around operating machinery.
· Support business with flexible hours when requested.
· Work to APL core values
For more information, or to submit you application, please email email@example.com.