Duties & Responsibilities:-
· Responsible for the safe delivery of engineering projects to specification, budget & schedule.
· Responsible for the internal management of procuring/manufacturing assembly & verification equipment.
· Ensure site-wide project visibility from kick-off to close-out.
· Work closely with account managers, quality & production engineers to ensure smooth asset introduction.
· Ensure all machinery & installations are safe, compliant and supported by up-to-date technical files.
· Demonstrate high-level H&S awareness and provide safety leadership within sphere of influence.
· Produce feasibility, cost & timing reports to support new enquiries.
· Ensure good communication and partnership between engineering disciplines.
· Champion and enhance departmental documented processes & promote adherence. IATF16949 and ISO14001.
· Delivery of agreed KPI targets and business objectives.
· Manage with care and empathy, promoting a people-first culture.
· Drive continuous improvement both within your department and out on the shopfloor.
· Manage project & process changes effectively.
· Effectively coordinate of all elements of the project, with a hands-on, can-do attitude where necessary.
· Assess and identify the training needs of your department. Install adequate development plans for each team member.
· Ensure roles, responsibilities and accountabilities are fully understood by the project team & sub-contractors.
· Create and complete necessary documentation for the work undertaken.
· Support operational initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring housekeeping and quality standards are maintained.
· Support the business with flexible hours when requested.
· Work to APL core values.
Essential - Proven background in electrical and mechanical design, robot integration & automated processes. Good understanding of PLC, motion & modern protocols.
Desirable - Strong working knowledge of injection moulding process. Experience managing projects and/or a team of engineers.
Essential - Ability to work under own initiative. Structured, highly organised &disciplined. Highly personable with an ability to build close relationships at all levels.
Excellent attention to detail. Strong IT skills.
Essential - Proven experience carrying out mechanical/electrical installations. Fault finding on factory plant and machinery.
Desirable - CI experience, ideally guiding a team to measurable improvements.
Essential - HND or degree in an engineering discipline Electrical safety qualifications
Desirable - Apprentice trained. Driving licence. 18th edition (BS:7671) Management training.
Apply Now! Send over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org